- The Metatron, also known as the "Voice of God," who often passed along instructions in the early days of creation. Killed by Lucifer during the uprising.
- Oannes, Archangel of the Waters. Weakened after destroying Vephar (see below) and was himself killed by Belial.
- Raphael, Archangel of Knowledge. Died in a kamikaze attack against Legion (see below).
Note: Uriel, Archangel of Purity and second commander of the forces of Heaven, is a special case. He did not die, but was recalled to the Higher Heavens after the traumatic Purity Crusade against the Marches. He has not returned, and was succeeded in command by Laurence, Archangel of The Sword.
Deceased Demon PrincesEdit
- Vephar, Prince of the Oceans. Trapped and killed by Oannes.
- Gebbeleth, the first Prince of Secrets. Accidentally trapped by one of his plans, and destroyed centuries later as a result.
- Magog, Prince of Cruelty. Sealed in a tomb by David and Khalid one day after his coronation; ultimately destroyed by Gabriel during the events of The Final Trumpet. (In canon, anyway.)
- Beelzebub, first Prince of Corruption. Slain by Uriel, Archangel of Purity.
- Genubath, Prince of Rapine. Disappeared after the rise to power of Valefor, and believed by many to have been slain by him.
- Legion, second Prince of Corruption. A Shedite who had regained the Kyriotate trick of multiplicity, he soon threatened to take over humanity en masse, and was eventually opposed by the combined forces of Heaven and Hell. Killed by Raphael, who gave her own life in the assault.
- Meserach, Prince of Sloth. Eaten by Haagenti as part of his rise to power.
- Mariel, Princess of Oblivion. Eaten by Haagenti immediately after his rise to power.
- Makatiel, Prince of Disease. Went Renegade and began spreading the Black Death; put down by the joint efforts of Dominic and Asmodeus.